To ensure that your App and Group Tiles align correctly in your Table's respective rows and columns, an element type called Spacer is provided. To be able to add new Spacers, you must first be logged into the Table Canvas.
As an example, Vertical Spacers (1) and Tile Spacers (2) are used to correctly align the layout of the Periodic Table of Office 365
There are various Spacer types provided. Each one aligns with an associated Tile type:
- A Tile Spacer takes up an entire square and will push its row and column out an entire App Tile length.
- A Vertical Spacer takes up the width of a Group Tile and the height of an App Tile. It will push a column one-third the width of an App Tile, but will push a row the full width of an App Tile.
- A Horizontal Spacer takes up the height of a Group Tile and the width of an App Tile. It will push a row one-third the height of an App Tile, but will push a column the full width of an App Tile.
To add a Spacer:
- Turn the editor ribbon on by enabling the Options toggle.
- Enter edit mode by clicking Edit Tiles in the Edit tab.
- Hover over your space of choice and click Type > [Type] Spacer > Select.
The Spacer ultimately displays as blank white space once you exit Edit Tiles mode and will not have any details included.
Without Spacers, the Periodic Table of Office 365 would look pretty bad.