Group Tiles are the rectangles you see next to App Tiles that designate groups of similar Apps on your Table. Each contains a title and color. To be able to update or create a new Group Tile, you must first be logged into the Table Canvas.
The Office Online Group in the Periodic Table of Office 365
Creating a new Group Tile
- Turn the editor ribbon on by enabling the Options toggle.
- Enter edit mode by clicking Edit Tiles in the Edit tab.
- Hover over your space of choice and click Type. From here, you need to select the orientation of the Group Tile. (You can change the Group Tile type at any time.)
- Left Group Tiles fill the right one-third of a tile square and display text rotated to be read from bottom to top.
- Right Group Tiles fill the left one-third of a tile square and display text rotated to be read from top to bottom.
- Top Group Tiles fill the bottom one-third of a tile square and display text from left to right.
- Bottom Group Tiles fill the top one-third of a tile square and display text from right to left.
There are four Group Tile types and they each align differently to tiles placed next to them.
You should now see the Group Tile Builder, which provides some fields to update. Once you make changes, either click Update to save your changes or Close to cancel your changes.
- Title: The Title is the display text in the Group Tile. Limit to two lines of text. The text will display in all caps.
- Background: Change the Group Tile color to whichever hue you’d like.
- Text: Change the color of all the text in the Group Tile to whichever hue you’d like.
So far, this article only talks about how to create the Group Tile itself. To group various apps, connected to your Group Tile, review these steps.
Deleting a Group Tile
To delete an existing Group Tile and its connections, follow these steps.