A Title is useful for explaining to your colleagues what your Table is intended to convey. Titles are another type of Tile element that you can add to the Table wherever you'd like. Generally, Titles are added near the top-center of the Table and take up a space of two columns wide and one row high; this article will cover that use case.
To be able to update or create a new App Tile, you must first be logged into the Table Canvas.
The Table Title of the Periodic Table of Office 365
Design your Title
First you need to design your Title. The best titles stand out on the page, include any necessary branding, and are clear to read. Stick to .png files and use a transparent background if you can. Use a ratio of 3.84×1.26 (width to height). Generally speaking, 1024×336 pixels should suffice for any Table with 5 or more columns.
However, the fewer columns you have, the larger the Title will display. For example, if you have a Table that is two columns wide (the minimum width for a Table with a Title) displaying on a 4K monitor, you will want that Title to be 3,840×1,260 pixels to meet the requirements of that monitor.
Upload your Title
- Turn the editor ribbon on by enabling the Options toggle.
- Enter edit mode by clicking Edit Tiles in the Edit tab.
- Hover over your space of choice and click Type > Title > Select. Note: the space you choose will be the left half of your Title graphic.
- Upload your Title graphic and click Update. Your Title should cover two columns' worth of spaces.
- In the space under the right half of your Title, click Type > None > Select.
Scrub to 13:13 of our video overview of building a Table from scratch to see how a Title is added.
Deleting a Title
To delete an existing Title, follow these steps.