This article is based on the need for clearing cached data used in the location field of Teams Calendars.
If you are having issues with Teams, you can try clearing the cache on your device, which may help solve some issues you may be experiencing. Below are steps to take to clear your cache on your Windows, or Mac device.
Windows Teams Cache
To clear your Microsoft Teams cache, you will need to delete files from within the Teams app data folder.
- Quit Teams.
- Open the Search Bar in the lower-left corner or Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams"
- Press Enter
- Then, Navigate to Microsoft then Teams.
- Once in the directory, you will need to delete all the files and folders within the following folder:
Once this step is complete, restart your computer and your Microsoft Teams chat cache will have cleared successfully.
MacOS Teams Cache
- Quit Microsoft Teams.
- From Finder click on Go - Library...
- Navigate to "Application Support/Microsoft/Teams"
- Delete all files and sub-folders in following folder.
- Restart Microsoft Teams.